[Asterisk-Users] Speech Recognition

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun Feb 13 04:51:56 MST 2005

Hi Dean,

What relevance has that to what we were discussing? We were talking
about free form speech to text. That is a world apart from a voice
activated IVR. Besides that, I have never found a voice activated IVR in
English that gets better than about 30% accuracy on a fairly limited
decision. A slight divergence from the typical 98% they claim. In
contrast, I have seen very good accuracy for Cantonese and Mandarin,
which have been less intensively developed.

Regards,
Steve