[Asterisk-Users] Speech Recognition

Trevor G. Hammonds trevor at skyhost.net
Sat Feb 12 23:45:48 MST 2005

dean collins wrote on Saturday, 12 February 2005 9:16 PM:

> Check out www.angel.com

For that matter, check out Tellme.  1-800-555-TELL

Speaker-independent automatic speech recognition, when implemented properly,
is VERY good right now.  However, good ASR is usually fairly expensive.  Do
not confuse desktop speech recognition applications like Dragon Dictate and
Via Voice with telco-grade ASR engines like Nuance, SpeechPearl/Speechworks,
Loquendo, etc.

Tellme has a developer platform that you can use to experiment with
VoiceXML, TTS, and ASR.  You create the "voice applications" on their
website, and can access them via the PSTN or SIP.

Check out:
http://studio.tellme.com/

I, for one, would love to have the ability to use ASR engines with Asterisk.
I think a good start would be a Sphinx/Asterisk integration project.

		Sincerely,
		Trevor Hammonds