[Asterisk-Users] Cannot reset an IAXy box!!!

Raúl Gómez Cabrera raulgomez at cantv.net
Sat Feb 12 22:29:18 MST 2005

>asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I was working yesterday and after I provide my IAXy box it
>> loose any network comunication, the link light (green) is on
>> and the activity light (orange) when the power is turned on
>> it does nothing, but when I pickup the phone connected to the
>> box, this light start blinking once per second. I've use
>> ethereal to sniff a bit and I found that the box keeps asking
>> to broadcast the MAC address for the IP of the asterisk
>> server, the server answer but the IAXy miss it and keeps
>> asking forever. A detail of the capture file of ethereal is
>> attached to this message in plain text.
>>
>> The reset button does nothing (I've read that this button is just a
>> cosmetic button here:
>> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-November
>> /074909.html ).
>> Any body has an idea to solve this issue???

> Try re-programming the IAXy. That often fixes these types of problems.

Well, I try to re-provisioning my IAXy box but it has no IP at all as I
can see in the Ethereal capture:

    Sender MAC address: 00:0f:d3:00:0a:f0 (Digium_00:0a:f0)
    Sender IP address: 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)

And if I try to use the 0.0.0.0 IP, the loopback interface answer the request
and no provisioning is made.

I'm still stuck, if I'm missing something obious please tell me what it is.

Thanks in advance!

Raul.