[Asterisk-Users] PLEASE HELP Adit 600 went kaput?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sat Feb 12 18:53:13 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> Unplug it and plug in a loopback plug (pin 1->5, pin 2->6) -- if the T1 alarm
> doesn't go away, the T1 controller itself is kaput.  If it goes green (or
> off), then your wire is suspect.

I really love it when a poster asks such a question: "Could my cross
over cable have some loose wiring?" This question was asked on a mailing
list, to a group of people who have never met this person, never seen
his equipment, never seen his cable, etc.

As best I can tell, there are three possible answers to his question:

"no" - This would be the most humorous (but least helpful) answer :-)

"maybe" - Accurate, but useless

"yes" - Accurate, and obvious

Equivalent quality answers could have been obtained from a Magic 8-Ball,
and the poster could have continued trying to solve his problem, rather
than asking us.

You did a good job actually trying to help him out in spite of his lack
of ability to troubleshoot on his own <G>