[Asterisk-Users] PLEASE HELP Adit 600 went kaput?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat Feb 12 17:51:42 MST 2005

On February 12, 2005 07:31 pm, Richard Reina wrote:
> On thing that is odd is that although the t1 cross
> over cable is plugged in to both * and the Adit.  Both
> t1 and t1 leds on the Adit are red.  How can they both
> have the same status if one is hooke up and on is not?
>  Could my cross over cable have some loose wiring?

Unplug it and plug in a loopback plug (pin 1->5, pin 2->6) -- if the T1 alarm
doesn't go away, the T1 controller itself is kaput.  If it goes green (or
off), then your wire is suspect.

You can certainly have both T1 controllers showing alarm if you never turned
the second one off.  Honestly it sounds as if you didn't do *any* basic
diagnostics here.  Tell us what you *have* tried, and we can suggest other
possible tests.

-A.