[Asterisk-Users] Re: Codec Issue on IAX trunk? (Solved)

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Sat Feb 12 08:31:06 MST 2005

Hi Rich -

> Those type changes to iax.conf require a full stop of
> asterisk followed by a cold asterisk startup. A restart
> from the CLI won't cut it.

Ahh!  That's a very important piece of information!

> Were you previously doing the CLI restart?

I did lots a CLI "reloads", and few cold restarts to the ast33 machine, but no cold restarts on the ast551 machine until after business hours (it's a production machine), and then I did a cold restart at the same time I did the recompile.  That explains things.  Hopefully, I won't have to make any more changes like this, although I guess I could use the "restart when convenient" command.  Now I just have to figure out why a cold restart is needed.

Thanks Again,
Noah