[Asterisk-Users] Initializing two ISDN cards in isdn4linux

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sat Feb 12 06:13:35 MST 2005

On 13:05, Sat 12 Feb 05, JunkMail wrote:
> Sure !
> But that's not the complete initialization of the isdn system.
> With "modprobe -v hisax type=21,21 protocol=2,2" ALONE, not even the first
> card answers calls...
> I just wonder what else does "isdntool" does to initialize the isdn
> system...
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> M.G.

Weird. That's all I did to get my two Fritz! cards working.
Only did the modprobe.
Are you sure your * modem.conf is setup correctly ?
I remember I installed isdnutils package, but only to be
able to see calls in /var/log/isdn/isdnlog
Everytime I started the isdnutils it complained about no
configs. So my guess is you dont need to fiddle around with
isdntool.
My experience is limited to pci devices tho, dont know if
you have ISA or pci.
Good luck.

--
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."