[Asterisk-Users] Re: Setting a "Forward" to an external number on your phone

Jui jui.nntp at gmx.info
Fri Feb 11 16:22:07 MST 2005

Hi Shaun,

thanks for the quick reply. I am using different phones. As IP Phones I
am using SNOM 190s, but in addition I ahva a "legacy" ISDN-PBX attached
to Asterisk with some ISDN DECT phones connected to it.
When using the IP phones I guess it might be possible that the IP phone
does the Call Forward internally (Although I don't know how this is done
because the froward target could be an other SIP-Client somewhere in the
world as well as any phone connected to PSTN or POTS somewhere in the
world).
Therefore I am looking for a solution that works independently of the
device you are using (ISDN phone, IP phone, etc.). What I thought of is
telling Asterisk to change the dialpan dynamically for a while by
entering a "string" on the phone of your choice. In case of an IP phone
it might be possible to program this string to a programmable key.

Maybe I am just thinking too complex about the whole thing and there is
an easy solution?

Jui