[Asterisk-Users] Setting a "Forward" to an external number on your phone

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 15:05:25 MST 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:48:14 +0100, Jui <jui.nntp at gmx.info> wrote:
> Hi!

<snip>

> I am leaving my office and I want to tell asterisk to forward calls now
> to my mobile phone by just hitting a key (on my IP-Phone) or by using a
> special key-sequence.

What type phones are you using?

I know that with the Cisco 7940 and 7960 phones that we use, one can
just hit the "CFwdAll' softkey, enter a number (eg: mobile, or another
extension) and press accept.

To cancel call forwarding, just press CFwdAll again.

Pretty simple.

Caveat: This method will occupy two lines whenever a call is
forwarded. If you use an analogue interface, it's also possible that
the lines will be tied up "forever" because if they don't know the
caller has hung up. The latter isn't an issue with ISDN though (which
we use).

-Shaun