[Asterisk-Users] Still stuck trying to make Asterisk read MySQL

beonice beonice at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 15:08:40 MST 2005

I've been continuing to experiment with MySQL. I'm
having absolutely no luck getting asterisk to read
voicemail configuration data and mailbox configuration
data from mysql tables instead of from voicemail.conf.

The default Asterisk setup that reads from
voicemail.conf and extensions.conf works fine. I'm
using
Asterisk CVS-v1-0-12/12/04-15:58:29 on a Whitebox
Enterprise Linux box. I'm not using any telephony
hardware or SIP phones. I've just got a voicepulse DID
talking to asterisk via IAX.

I've got mysql downloaded and installed and have
successfully got the contributed script reading from
my asterisk_vm database to set up the extensions.conf,
as per the instructions at:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+extensions+from+mysql

Now I'm trying to get Asterisk to look up voicemail
configs from the asterisk_vm database. In order to do
this, I've been following the instructions at:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+voicemail+database

So, I've:
1) Updated the /usr/src/asterisk/apps/Makefile to have
USE_MYSQL_VM_INTERFACE=1 and recompiled asterisk, with
make clean; make; make install

2) Updated voicemail.conf to have the appropriate
entries:
dbuser=username ;; Yes I changed this to my username
dbpass=password ;; Yes I changed this to my password
dbhost=localhost
dbname=asterisk_vm

3) Created the users table in the asterisk_vm
database.
+---------+------------+----------+--------------+-------------------+-------+------------+----------------+
| context | mailbox    | password | fullname     |
email             | pager | options    | stamp

+---------+------------+----------+--------------+-------------------+-------+------------+----------------+
| default | 1111       | 1234     | Moron Tester |
me at mydomain.com |       | attach=yes | 20050211131641

+---------+------------+----------+--------------+-------------------+-------+------------+----------------+

4) Updated extensions.conf to have the following line:
exten => 1111,1,VoiceMail(u1111)

I tried restarting asterisk at this point, called in
and tried to leave voicemail for extension (and
mailbox) 1111. Here's the message I get:

*CLI> Feb 11 13:21:36 WARNING[18393]:
app_voicemail.c:1539 leave_voicemail: No entry in
voicemail config file for '1111'

So I dug around some more and found
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+res_config

Decided to try these instructions as well. So:

5) I created the ast_config table as directed:
Here is the data:

+----+------------+------------+-----------+----------------+----------+----------+---------+
| id | cat_metric | var_metric | commented | filename
     | category | var_name | var_val |
+----+------------+------------+-----------+----------------+----------+----------+---------+
|  1 |          0 |          0 |         0 |
voicemail.conf | default  |          |         |
+----+------------+------------+-----------+----------------+----------+----------+---------+

6) I edited /etc/asterisk/configs/res_odbc.conf to
contain:
[mysql1]
dsn = MySQL-asterisk
username = myuser
password = mypass
pre-connect = yes
[mysql1]
dsn = asterisk_vm
username = myuser ;; changed to my userid on mysql
password = mypass ;; changed to my password on mysql
pre-connect = yes

[mysql2]
dsn = MySQL2-asterisk
username = myuser2
password = mypass2
enabled = no

[ENV]
VAR=VALUE

7) Inserted glue to tell asterisk where to look:
; /etc/asterisk/res_config_odbc.conf
[settings]
table = ast_config
connection = mysql1

8) Rerouted Asterisk's config engine:
; /etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf
[settings]
;queues.conf => odbc
voicemail.conf => odbc

9) I modified the sample script load_res_config.pl and
ran it, it successfully updated my ast_config table,
stuffing in all the settings that I'm used to seeing
in voicemail.conf.

10) I restarted asterisk _again_.
I get the exact same message.
Feb 11 14:18:40 WARNING[18528]: app_voicemail.c:1539
leave_voicemail: No entry in voicemail config file for
'1111'

I'm totally out of ideas now. Anyone else got a clue
to lend me?

Thanks,
Maya