[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk-MySQL: Not loading voicemail config fromMySQL

beonice beonice at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 10:16:43 MST 2005

--- Matthew Boehm <mboehm at cytelcom.com> wrote:

> What version of asterisk?
>
> -Matthew

Asterisk CVS-v1-0-12/12/04-15:58:29 built by
root at localhost.localdomain on a i686 running WhiteBox
Enterprise Linux

By the way, I _have_ created an ast_config db and the
content of my ast_config table is:
+----+------------+------------+-----------+----------------+----------+----------+---------+
| id | cat_metric | var_metric | commented | filename
     | category | var_name | var_val |
+----+------------+------------+-----------+----------------+----------+----------+---------+
|  1 |          0 |          0 |         0 |
voicemail.conf | default  |          |         |
+----+------------+------------+-----------+----------------+----------+----------+---------+

I've also created etc/asterisk/configs/res_odbc.conf
as described in:

http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+res_config

My extconfig.conf says:
[settings]

;uncomment to load queues.conf via the db engine.
;queues.conf => odbc

voicemail.conf => odbc

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what values to put in for
[mysql1]
dsn = MySQL-asterisk
username = myuser
password = mypass
pre-connect = yes
 and for
[ENV]
VAR=VALUE

I suspect this MAY be the problem. :) I'm unable to
guess what to substitute as an appropriate dsn value
and what to put into the [ENV] section.

Thanks,
Maya