[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi or chan_mISDN vs bristuff

Peer Oliver Schmidt posde at theinternet.de
Fri Feb 11 06:42:23 MST 2005

Remco Barende wrote:

> I'm currently using a HFC-S card for my ISDN BRI line with bristuff. The
> instability is driving me crazy however.
[..]

I have three different locations with HFC cards. I had the same
stability problems on ALL of the installations.

Since RC5 plus the florz patch *ALL* of the stability problems have
vanished. No more seconds of silence, no more unavailability messages.
It just works now. I won't touch the installations for a long time :-)

> If I ditch the HFC-S card and replace it with another card that will
> work with mISDN or chan_capi will this solve my problems?

I have good results with an AVM C4 card using the CAPI drivers. I
started out with an old ISA AVM B1 card which had echo problems, which
got fixed with some later chan_capi driver releases.
--
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt