[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi or chan_mISDN vs bristuff

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Fri Feb 11 06:10:18 MST 2005

Hi list!

I'm currently using a HFC-S card for my ISDN BRI line with bristuff. The
instability is driving me crazy however.

I'm having continuous problems where inbound calls will not work after
some time of operation (the number then appears as not in use to the
caller) or also outbound calls do not work.

The solution is to unload the modules, stop asterisk, re-load the modules
and start asterisk again. The machine (Athlon64) already hung several
times when unloading the modules (I guess the same bug/problem is is
reported for SMP boxes).

This problem occurs every single day and giving me really grey hairs.

If I ditch the HFC-S card and replace it with another card that will work
with mISDN or chan_capi will this solve my problems?

Thanks for any hints / tips!
Remco