[Asterisk-Users] Searchable Mailing Lists & NooB Question

Daniel Wright dw at wonderwave.net
Thu Feb 10 21:23:12 MST 2005

>Very rough numbers: iax-gsm consumes about 22kb/s,

I see about 60kb/s

> g711 about 80kb/s on

I see 155kb/s

Is that normal? This is an IAX link to voicepulse. I see all these lower
numbers posted around but fail to see that on my connections. Using G711,
Its only possible to have one connection at anytime, do to my upload
capped at 256kb/s. So I use GSM, sounds fine anyway. Just wondering about
the numbers.

Dan