[Asterisk-Users] Searchable Mailing Lists & NooB Question

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 18:39:09 MST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:38:09 -0800, Max Klein <max at cmax.net> wrote:
> I would guess that your DSL upstream is more like 256k or 320k, not 32k.
> Could you confirm this with your provider? I have 256k up right now and
> can have about 3 calls max with ulaw, or quite a few more with GSM
> (these are both CODECs used to COmpress and DECompress the audio).
>         --Max

Okay, maybe all of this is my fault.  I wrote "32kBps" assuming the
capital B indicated Bytes.  Being that there are 8 bits in a bite, 32
kBps is equal to 256kbps, using the lower case b to indicate bits.

I shall hence forth never refer to bandwidth in terms of Bytes, but
rather in bits.

Geoff

--
I have some G-Mail invites.