[Asterisk-Users] Round Robin Strategy doesn't seem to work

Thu Feb 10 17:09:17 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 13:31 -0800, Todd Gunsolley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have configured a call queue as follows:
> [sales]
> music = default
> strategy = roundrobin
> timeout = 20
> retry = 5
> reportholdtime = yes
> announce = queue-sales
> member => Agent/9021
> member => Agent/5901
> member => Agent/9020
> member => Agent/1114
>
> Now, I would expect all calls to this queue to be delivered first to 9021,
> then to 5901, then to 9020, then to 1114 (all agents are logged in and
> available).  However, what actually happens is that the first call to the
> queue is delivered first to 9021 (and on through the queue order from
> there), but then the next call is delivered first to 5901 (and on through
> the queue order from there).  The third call to the queue is delivered first
> to 9020, the fourth call to 1114.
>
> What I want is for all calls to the queue to be delivered to available
> agents in the order that they are listed in the member configuration each
> and every time.  Am I missing the point here?  Has anyone else run into this
> problem?

IMHO, this sounds like a bug.
The events you are describing are acting as though you had used
"strategy = rrmemory" which is round robin + memory. Either your config
file is wrong, or you haven't reload'ed the config file, or there be a
bug. Please check the output of "show queues" and then post a bug to
mantis if required. Also you haven't told us the version of asterisk
that you are using this on, so make sure you include that in your bug
report.

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev