[Asterisk-Users] Round Robin Strategy doesn't seem to work

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Thu Feb 10 16:05:39 MST 2005

Todd Gunsolley wrote:

>What I want is for all calls to the queue to be delivered to available agents in the order that they are listed in the member configuration each and every time.  Am I missing the point here?  Has anyone else run into this problem?

Not sure it is a "problem". More of a feature.

You have set up a ACD or UCD, which is what most people want, so that
calls get distributed more or less equally across a group .
Especially in a sales environment, commissioned sales people would raise
the roof on what you want. They want equal shots at incoming calls.
Can one person be taken out of the list on demand, in case they go to
lunch or have to take a leak?

What you really want is a circular hunt group ( of stations ) , but in a
circular hunt, if all stations are busy, the caller will still hear ring
until one ( station ) is free.
A terminal hunt will ring up the list until all are busy, then you
either need to return busy or  perhaps go to a VM box?
Sorry I don't have an answer for you.
Are there different types of "queues" or hunt groups that you can define?

John Novack