[Asterisk-Users] SIP jitter?

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Thu Feb 10 17:06:42 MST 2005

To be totally honest:

I wrote the thing.

I don't think it's ready to go into HEAD, until the core people can at
least agree on the overall structure of the implementation and integration..

There's at least one major fork that one could take with it's
architecture (basically, whether it should be applied separately to each
VoIP technology, or in common channel handling code), and there are pros
and cons to be weighed there.

If we choose to continue down with this fork (presenly, it's set up to
apply to each technology separately, with a sample integration point for
IAX2), we could make things configurable, so you can switch between the
old and new jitterbuffers (perhaps with some limitations, like only at
start-time, or for new calls, etc), get it applied, and work on
perfecting it.

It _is_ being used in iaxclient right now, so most of the up-to-date IAX
softphones have it, BTW. But, in that case, the integration is much
simpler, and I have more control over the project..

-SteveK