[Asterisk-Users] Strategy for a stable IAXy

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu Feb 10 10:29:12 MST 2005

I've heard comments about the instability of the IAXy (loosing IP, locking
up, etc) . I want to deploy some, in a remote site. The comments on the
instability suggest that the simplest approach is to power-cycle them when
you have problems. The IAXy would only be in use from 3PM to 8 PM. My
potential simple solution is to have a timed power brick (like what you
would use for a block heater) that would cycle the power automatically at
2:50 PM

Q1: Is this IAXy stability issue a problem, or not? Has it been addressed in
firmware?

Q2: If people are still having problems with their IAXy's, is automatically
power cycling them the best approach, or is there a more elegant solution?

Q3: I've also heard they get hot. I'd like to hear experiences, good and
bad, with IAXy's along the lines of: "Yeah, they get hot but they run fine"
or: "Yeah, they get hot and crap out".

The environment they would be in is a little challenging, poor power and
moderately high temperature extremes i.e. from 5 degrees C to 35 degrees C