[Asterisk-Users] Zombie SIP channels

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Thu Feb 10 00:12:12 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pedro" <traci.asterisk at gmail.com>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 4:08 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Zombie SIP channels

> Thanks for the tip.  They both seemed to go away on their own after a
> while with no action on my part.  I am not sure what caused it (there
> is nothing in the log file).  This is the first time I have seen it on
> any of my asterisk machines (and I have been working with asterisk for
> a year now).
>
> Any ideas on why a zombie sip channel would occur?

Hi,

I've spotted similar behaviour. I think that some registration process, or
notifications (particularly if you put some settings for MWI on Gradnstream)
causes those channels to be active for some short time. This collides with
dialparties.agi (from AMP) detection of active calls to SIP clients and
sometimes it sings them as being busy ...

Regards,

Rob.