[Asterisk-Users] IAX Voice Quality Issues

Moody asterisk.user at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 13:04:59 MST 2005

I have been qualityhaving problems although I don't have all the
details at this point - I currently suspect mine are due to Latency
issues as both ends are colo boxes which don't seem to drop packets in
testing (ping).

Latency right now seems to be in the 80ms range on each end of the server.

The problems on our lines tend to be slight breakups in the conversation.

I am in the motions of finding a closer end point and hoping that will
help, otherwise I'm not too sure as bandwidth seems to be fine and
clean.

Anyway, let me know if you get any further ideas and I will let you
know what happens when I cut down the time between nodes.