[Asterisk-Users] Web based Asterisk management tool

Peter Bowyer peeebeee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 11:19:39 MST 2005

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 12:56:03 -0400, Steve Totaro
<asterisk at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:
> AMP is great and provides integrated extensions to dial to access features
> implemented in asterisk.  It also provides webbased access to voicemail and
> flash panel operator.  You will find that many phones have features
> implemented into them as well.  The snom phones are a great example of this
> and have a webserver built into the actual phone.  You will have to decide
> if you want to use the phone's built in features or asterisk's or a
> combination of both.

AMP is in my view, great for starting from scratch to build an
Asterisk server for a small or medium-sized business. It will set up a
collection of call features, allow trunks on ZAP or IAX, etc.

But it certainly isn't a general-purpose tool for managing an existing
complex setup.

Peter