[Asterisk-Users] announcement: astfax 1.0

Ken Jones kbo-asterisk at inter7.com
Wed Feb 9 10:00:39 MST 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 12:53 am, Peer Oliver Schmidt wrote:

> >>Are we going to see some integration of astfax with Courier-MTA/IMAP?
> >
> > If you look at the instructions, you only need to make a some form of
> > default matching rule to catch all phone numbers and then pipe the
> > resulting message to the given command.
>
> You were right in suggesting to look at the instructions. I did not even
> look at the package yet. From reading the announcement it is obvious
> that most any MTA should be able to utilize ast_fax.
>
> But, seeing that inter7.com (used) to be the home of the Courier-IMAP
> and MTA suite, and courier incl. built-in support for utilizing the
> mgetty+sendfax setup, you might concur that my question does carry at
> least some interest.

Sure, you could use it with the courier-mta. Not really with courier-imap
since imap does not handle sending email. There is a way to get courier-imap
to handle sending emails a regular smtp server should be fine. We use astfax
with qmail but it should work just fine with sendmail, postfix or any other
MTA that handles dot forward type files.

Ken Jones