[Asterisk-Users] announcement: astfax 1.0

Peer Oliver Schmidt posde at theinternet.de
Tue Feb 8 23:53:36 MST 2005

Steven Critchfield wrote:

>>>astfax allows you to create an email to fax gateway.
>>
>>Are we going to see some integration of astfax with Courier-MTA/IMAP?
>
> If you look at the instructions, you only need to make a some form of
> default matching rule to catch all phone numbers and then pipe the
> resulting message to the given command.

You were right in suggesting to look at the instructions. I did not even
look at the package yet. From reading the announcement it is obvious
that most any MTA should be able to utilize ast_fax.

But, seeing that inter7.com (used) to be the home of the Courier-IMAP
and MTA suite, and courier incl. built-in support for utilizing the
mgetty+sendfax setup, you might concur that my question does carry at
least some interest.
--
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt