[Asterisk-Users] Re: polycom soundpoint ip 300

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Wed Feb 9 08:41:42 MST 2005

Hi Harry -

> I try to set up two lines per ip 300 phone,
> registration is ok but i get Failure to authenticate
> 407 for subscribe.

What version of the SIP firmware are you using?  I've had success with
1.3.0, 1.3.1, 1.3.4, and 1.4.1.

My sip.conf entries for my Polycom phones look like this:

[12]
type=friend
username=12
secret=12
callerid="12"
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=inband
context=no-callwaiting
mailbox=12 at from-sip
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

Are you configuring directly on the phone, or using an FTP or TFTP
server?

> Anybody could help me to configure Asterisk in order
> to set instant message and presence ?

To the best of my knowledge the Presence feature of the Polycom phones
does not work with Asterisk.  I believe it only works with other IM
clients.

Hope this helps!
Noah