[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk connected to pbx

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Wed Feb 9 06:07:29 MST 2005

David J Carter wrote:
> How do you want Switch to appear to Asterisk.
>
> 1. As an extension. Then use an FXS connection to a CO line input.

The extension interface at the PBX will be supplying battery and dial
tone.  Therefore, you would want to use the FXO (red) daughter board on
your TDM400P card.

> 2. As a CO line. Then use an FXO connection to an Extension output.

The trunk interface at the PBX will be receiving battery and dial tone.
  Therefore, you would want to use the FXS (green) daughter board on
your TDM400P.

Having said that...  If yours is an enterprise application then I would
certainly investigate whether to use a T-1 interface between the two
systems.