[Asterisk-Users] Problem using TDM400P FXS card

cereal killer kellogs_killah at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 9 02:40:42 MST 2005

Hello, everyone

After having spent several time to look for any
solution for my problem, I decided to write here.

Here is the problem got a Digium X101 FXO card and
Digium TDM400P alias freshmaker (1 fxs module on it on
first port ) in my asterisk box. The X101 works
perfectly.
The problem comes from the TDM400, when i plug a
tested working phone on it , i get no dialtone; the
goal is to connect a few old non-ip phones to the PBX.

The modules zaptel and wctdm compiled and are loaded
successfully. Here are some infos :
debian linux
asterisk 1.0.5
cvs zaptel

zaptel.conf
fxoks=2 ; the x101 card uses channel 1 with fxsks=1
loadzone=fr
default zone = fr

when i do a ztcfg it succesfully says me "registered
zone 2"
But i cant see the phone in the zttool

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
[channels]
language=fr
context=default
signalling=fxo_ks
echocancel=yes
group= 1
busydetect=yes
channel => 2

Asterisk loads succesfully; and a "zap show channels"
tells me :
pseudo            cartezap        fr
      2            cartezap        fr

But the problem is : i still dont have any dialtone on
the phone. Anyone has an idea ?

Thanks in advance