[Asterisk-Users] Callerid to set time on phone?

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com
Tue Feb 8 18:11:56 MST 2005

<quote who="Robert Webb">
> Is there a way to either pass the date and time along from my POTS
> line going through a TD400P with one FXO and one FXS to my phone?
> Or even have * send the date and time through the caller id when
> that extension is called??

It should already pass the time from the Asterisk system.  Mine
does that.  Though I have a T100P and a channelbank, not a TDM400P.

Make sure the system clock on your Asterisk box is set correctly.
I use ntpd <http://www.ntp.org/>.  And make sure all the callerID
options in zapata.conf are turned on.  It should set the clock,
even for an "Unkown caller".

--
END OF LINE
       -MCP