[Asterisk-Users] Callerid to set time on phone?

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Tue Feb 8 17:34:13 MST 2005

I have a regular telephone that when hooked to a standard POTS line, the
incoming callerid signal sets the time on the phone. I do this because
the phone has no internal battery and any little power blip causes the
time to reset to 1/1/98.

Is there a way to either pass the date and time along from my POTS line
going through a TD400P with one FXO and one FXS to my phone? Or even
have * send the date and time through the caller id when that extension
is called??

Robert