[Asterisk-Users] breaking friends into users & peers

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Tue Feb 8 15:57:46 MST 2005

I am about to start a program that will be generaging sip device
configurations for sip.conf. My current sip.conf contains friend entries
for each SIP device connected to asterisk.

Should I even be attempting to split these in to seperate user/peer devices?

Is there(should there be) a convention for referring to the two distinct
modes of a device?

Can two entries with the same name exist at the same time, if one is a
friend and the other is a user? Mainly, I'm asking, are the results here
  undefined, or is this a recognized use?

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/