[Asterisk-Users] More complicated huntgroups / delayed ringing - SOLVED

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Tue Feb 8 15:22:58 MST 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> I believe this is correct, the call must be answered before app_queue
> can handle it. However, how many customers do you think would sit there
> for 3 or 4 minutes of ringing with no announcement messages or anything?
> I doubt very many would last past 60 seconds.

Technically you may be able to provide audio cues without answering, at
least in some countries (think isdn and in band progress messages).
Unfortunatly this is useless for queues since most operators have a limit
on the call setup phase. After a minute or so in an alerting state they
release the connection.

Peter