[Asterisk-Users] More complicated huntgroups / delayed ringing - SOLVED

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Tue Feb 8 15:02:50 MST 2005

Stefan Gofferje wrote:

> So, if I ran a 0900 support-no. for people without contracts, they
> probably won't like paying EUR 3,60 per minute to hear music and - after
>  three or four minutes - be told, there's still no agent free to answer
> the call...

I believe this is correct, the call must be answered before app_queue
can handle it. However, how many customers do you think would sit there
for 3 or 4 minutes of ringing with no announcement messages or anything?
I doubt very many would last past 60 seconds.

If you run a "premium" service, you have to either answer the call
immediately or reject it quickly, because as you said, no caller will be
happy paying your premium rates only to be told that their call cannot
be answered.