[Asterisk-Users] Hangup detection with TDM400 in UK

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Tue Feb 8 14:27:54 MST 2005

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 04:03:50PM +0200, Doug Reid - Stormcorp wrote:
> Hi
>
> Try going into "vi /etc/profile" insert the lines in brackets.

> USER="`id -un`"
> LOGNAME=$USER

Generally LOGNAME is set by login, sshd or whatever program you login
with. If this is linux you generally shouldn't change those parts of
/etc/profile unless you have a "strange" setup and you know what you're
doing and you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing.

> MAIL="/var/spool/mail/$USER"

Correct with the default settings. However many programs assume that (or
/var/mail/$USER )

> MONITOR_EXEC=/usr/bin/soxmix
> VPB_TONE=BUSY,P,400,100,500    (insert the following line)
>

> HOSTNAME=`/bin/hostname`
> HISTSIZE=1000
>

> if [ -z "$INPUTRC" -a ! -f "$HOME/.inputrc" ]; then
>     INPUTRC=/etc/inputrc
> fi

Handy, but only for an interactive shell. Don't add it to your
/etc/profile unless you know where to place it. and it may be a bit
distro-specific.

> export PATH USER LOGNAME MAIL HOSTNAME HISTSIZE INPUTRC MONITOR_EXEC
> VPB_TONE  (and insert here VPB_TONE)

> ======================
>
> The 400 100 and 500 are related to your country use indications file for
> info
> on what those values should be.
>
> Regards
> Doug

Most Linux distros have /etc/profile.d where you can add your custom .sh
scriptlets to add some vaiables without stepping over the default
/etc/profile so you don't have you worry about upgrades of the distro's
packages.

In my Debian system there is no such thing. However I see
/etc/environment with has lines of 'var=value', and the pam module
pam_env.so loads it at login time. I don't know if this is used with
other distros.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | New signature for new address and  |  VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | new homepage                       | a Mutt's