[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and SER differences

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 18:06:26 MST 2005

Hi

SER is a proxy, asterisk handles the media part much better, if you add
them together you get a front end proxy which can carry out all your
routing functions and then pass to ur media servers at the back.
Asterisk can also terminate the calls to pstn , with ser you will need
additional equipment, again add them together and you have a tight
solutions.

Iqbal