[Asterisk-Users] In-band disconnect problem (legacy PBX) - asterisk doesn't hear t he touchtone?

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Mon Feb 7 15:32:37 MST 2005

The legacy PBX I'm working with does in-band disconnect notification -- it
sends a * touchtone when the line is hung up.  I've been trying to get this
to work with Asterisk.  I added a * extension to my menu context that plays
"Goodbye" and hangs up.  This works fine if I manually press *, but it never
triggers when I hang up and the PBX sends it.  I've plugged in an analog
phone on a splitter and verified that the tone is being sent after I hang
up.  Any ideas why Asterisk isn't hearing it?

---

David Brodbeck, System Administrator
InterClean Equipment, Inc.
3939 Bestech Drive Suite B