[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0.1 - CCM 3.0.3 - GNUGK 2.0.8 - OpenH323

Greg Oliver goliver at cistera.com
Mon Feb 7 12:45:11 MST 2005

OK - I have an cisco MGCP gateway controlled by a Cisco Call manager.

There is a gatekeeper controlled 323 trunk between callmanager and
asterisk (we use asterisk for vmail, sip phones, park/pick/meetme, etc..).

We are using GK routed mode in gnugk.  All extensions in h323.conf and
callmanager register with gatekeeper just fine and can communicate.

Dialing sccp phones from sip through the trunk worked just fine, but
dialing sip from sccp would not.  I had to add the sip extension in
h323.conf so it would register with the gatekeeper, and then I could
successfully call it from sccp..  Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Also, SIP phones from asterisk cannot use the mgcp gateway through call
manager - the gatekeeper just keeps saying ............ not registered
as an endpoint.  I have tried setting all of the all unregistered, etc
settings in gatekeeper.ini to allow traffic to pass through with no luck.

Does anyone know how I can get the gatekeeper or asterisk to pass calls
through callmanager which will in turn pass it to the mgcp gateway for
outbound calling?

Thanks,

Greg