[Asterisk-Users] Re: IAX2 Trunk Problems with NAT

Miguel Ruiz Velasco Sobrino miguelrvs at yahoo.com.mx
Mon Feb 7 12:14:17 MST 2005

Simple! first: return the iax.h to it's original state because it's a config issue, not a
code one.

In the internal server, you need to put in the relevant section a host directive with the
name or IP of the external server AND a register under the [general] section of the
iax.conf

In the external server, in the definition you need to put host=dynamic.
Then hoy need to  dial with the definition section name

***internal:
*iax.conf
[general]
register => user:pw at external-hostname
[iax-external]
host=external-hostname

*extensions.conf
 ... Dial (IAX2/iax-external/phonenumber)

***external:
*iax.conf
[iax-internal]
host=dynamic

*extensions.conf
... Dial (IAX2/iax-internal/phonenumber)

This also addresses the problem of someone having two iax2/udp streams, one of each call,
even with trunking enabled.

=====
Miguel Ruiz Velasco

Version: OpenKeyServer v1.2
Comment: Extracted from belgium.keyserver.net
Signature: 0x59831109