[Asterisk-Users] can not dial problem

micko micko at micko.net
Mon Feb 7 11:27:56 MST 2005

I have a TDM400P with fxo and fxs modules, and local extension calls work fine but
I can not dial-out. I am getting both problems on FreeBSD and Linux, and plugging
a regular telefon set works fine. Any ideas of what I am missing?

thanks
micko

Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)

2 channels configured.

<zapata.conf>
; FXS PORT
group           = 1
context         = internal
signalling      = fxo_ks
immediate       = no
usecallerid     = yes
channel         => 1

; FXO PORT
group           = 2
signalling      = fxs_ks
usecallerid     = yes
context         = pstn-inbound
channel         => 2
</zapata.conf>

linux*CLI>
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/2001-a059", "Zap/g2/XXXXXXXXXX") in new stack
    -- Called g2/XXXXXXXXXX
    -- Zap/2-1 answered SIP/2001-a059
linux*CLI> zap show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
 pseudo            pstn-inbound    en
      1            internal        en
      2            pstn-inbound    en
linux*CLI> zap show channel 2
Channel: 2
File Descriptor: 14
Span: 1
Extension:
Dialing: no
Context: pstn-inbound
Caller ID string:
Destroy: 0
InAlarm: 0
Signalling Type: FXS Kewlstart
Owner: Zap/2-1
Real: Zap/2-1
Callwait: <None>
Threeway: <None>
Confno: -1
Propagated Conference: -1
Real in conference: 0
DSP: yes
Relax DTMF: no
Dialing/CallwaitCAS: 0/0
Default law: ulaw
Fax Handled: no
Pulse phone: no
Echo Cancellation: 128 taps, currently ON
Actual Confinfo: Num/0, Mode/0x0000
Actual Confmute: No
Actual Hookstate: Onhook
    -- Hungup 'Zap/2-1'
  == Spawn extension (local, 9XXXXXXXXXX, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/2001-a059'