[Asterisk-Users] Group=????

Ronald Hartmann RHartmann at nnamtraH.com
Mon Feb 7 08:53:01 MST 2005

Good Day list,

	I have worn out my google toolbar today looking for a way to
determine which group an incoming call belong to, but have not been very
fruitfull in my endeavors.

	I am trying to figure a way to determine which group the
incoming call that I just answered is part of so I can do some
branchinbg scripts in my dialplan.  I know I can control my dialplan
logic by creating separate context's for each channel type, however, I
have some things that would be easier if I could just determine which
group= setting the incoming call is on.

       Example Zapata.conf:

       context=from-pstn
       signalling=fxs_ks
       faxdetect=incoming
       usecallerid=yes
       echocancel=yes
       echocancelwhenbridged=no
       echotraining=800
       group=0
       channel=3

       context=from-pstn
       signalling=fxs_ks
       faxdetect=incoming
       usecallerid=yes
       echocancel=yes
       echocancelwhenbridged=no
       echotraining=800
       group=1
       channel=4

	I would like to know if there is a variable or method to have
set (For example $GROUP) such that

	Exten s,1,NoOp(${GROUP})

		Would display "0" if the call came in on channel 3 of my
card
		And would display "1" if the call came in on channel 4
of my card.

Thanks for your time in this issue.

Ron