[Asterisk-Users] Q: How to get the preset callerid from a CLID-no-screen E1-PRI

Frank Sautter asterisk at sautter.com
Sat Feb 5 05:56:54 MST 2005

Peter Svensson wrote:
> This is rather weird?
this are also my thoughts...

> What network do you receive this from?
the calling party has an E1-PRI from the "Deutsche Telekom" (germany's
former monopolist) and our E1-PRI is from "Arcor" which is on of the new
telco companies founded after the liberation of the telco market in germany.
as mentioned on my first email, they have enabled the ISDN feature
CLIP-no screening.... but from the debug it seems, as if a screened
number is sent after the unscreened number.
but this is not the only caller i noticed this behaviour. a bank in our
town also shows this behaviour (but arranging a call from them is not so
easy).

> Neither ITU q.931 nor ETSI EN 300 403-1 (EiroISDN definition) lists the "Calling
> Number" IE among those that may be repeated.
but it seems as if this behaviour is 'normal' because on every telephone
line i tested this, the number shown is the unscreened number which came
first in the debug

> I am quite certain that libpri does not handle this. The last one will
> overwrite the earlier calling numbers.
that's the behaviour it currently shows.

> Some hacking of libpri is probably
> needed to handle this. To handle it cleanly a more complex interface
> between chan_zap and libpri may be needed.
i think i will open a bug and dicuss how to implement this issue.
i think both number are of interest, but the behaviour of the other
telco equipment should be retained... showing the unscreened number.

regards
  frank