[Asterisk-Users] Call pickup across technologies (SIP, IAX, MGCP)?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Feb 4 18:44:37 MST 2005

Hi again!

> > it appears that call pick-up only works _within_ a technolgoy, i.e. with
> > a SIP phone when another SIP phone is ringing. Is that correct, or is my
> > configuration faulty?
> >
> > * Case 2:
> > IAX phone ringing - SIP phone can't pick the call up:
> > NOTICE[10250]: Nothing to pick up
>
> This seems less a matter of technology than a matter of implementation.
>  From the SIP phones, I can pickup ANY call, no matter if between ISDN,
> SIP or cross-channel. From the ISDN phones, I can pickup NO calls
> ("unknown extension *8 in context from_ISDN").

Hm... with the help of the bristuff PickUp() app I was able to solve this
"unkown extension" for 2 of my 3 cases, but trying to pickup a ringing
IAX phone with SIP still fails with error "no channel found 2" (bristuff
"exten => *8,1,PickUp(1)"). All clients have callgroup=1 and
pickupgroup=1.

If I do "ship show peer <peername>" I get:

  Callgroup    : 1 (2)
  Pickupgroup  : 1 (2)

and I wonder what the (2) is supposed to mean in both cases, the
errormessage as well as the peer info. Maybe there is a difference in
implementation of callgroup= in iax.conf where one starts couting at 0
and the other at 1?

Hm... too bad there is no "iax2 show peer <peername>"...

Philipp