[Asterisk-Users] Re: No ringback over IAX - LiveVoip

Mark Eissler mark at mixtur.com
Fri Feb 4 07:53:43 MST 2005

I'm quite happy with iax.cc (Sixtel). I don't have DIDs with them but
use them for outbound and have no complaints. Whenever I've contacted
support I've received a reply the same day. Perhaps they prioritize
their support email based on whether or not you have an account with
them? They match up inbound support messages with your email address to
check if its associated with an account.

Anyhow, I might obtain DIDs from them sometime soon if Voicepulse
doesn't get their act together and gets inbound DTMF working properly
over IAX. It's been almost two months since I first reported the
problem and they just reply that they have to perform several software
upgrades over a 2-4 week period. Jeez. I can't recommend Voicepulse
either right now as I have no intention of switching back to SIP (from
IAX) for termination.

The funny thing is that I have ended up using FWD the most because of
their toll free gateway. I'm constantly amazed at the clarity of those
calls. But then again I'm constantly amazed at the clarity of any of my
calls through Asterisk vs. say my residential phone services via Vonage
and Broadvox.

-mark