[Asterisk-Users] TMD card to buy.

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Feb 4 01:32:38 MST 2005

> I want to install a littel office . I have some question regarding to it.
> My office has 8 analog line in and we would 20 line out (analog ).
> So as a sow I need 2 TMD fxo card  and 5 TMD txs card , Am I right ?

That would be one way to do it, but I don't think you'll find many
PC's that will have 7 slots for those cards.

You might consider using 20 SIP phones instead of the analog phones.
Twenty Grandstream phones would cost about $1500 (US) while five of
the TDM fxs cards would cost about $2000 (US).

Another way would be to purchase a Digium T1/E1 card and a Channel
Bank. A channel bank with fxs cards will handle 24 analog phones,
and would connect to asterisk via a T1/E1 cable.

> Can I use these card in one PC ?, or I need more PC s ? Can I install
> driver in one PC for 7 TMD cards ?

I would not suggest running any more then two TDM cards in a single
PC as you're likely to have interrupt/bus problems.

> Iam from Hungary , where can I purchase cards ? Is there any
> company in Hungary or nearby hungary ?

I don't know. But, you might look over the documentation and
references on the Wiki ( http://www.voip-info.org ). Lots of
good information and some references to where to purchase stuff.