[Asterisk-Users] Echo Problem

Jeb Campbell jebc at c4solutions.net
Thu Feb 3 08:43:07 MST 2005

Brian M. Arlinghaus wrote:
> I've got mostly Cisco 7960s and a few Analog phones on TDM Ports.  On
> the 7960s, the echo is quite bad. On the TDM ports, it is there, but not
> as bad.  I have tried setting echo cancellation to various numbers, but
> have had no luck.
>
> This began after a HEAD version of * was installed. Since then, I
> installed what I think is the latest stable version (Asterisk
> CVS-v1-0-12/14/04-16:49:32) and the echo is still there.
>
> A support guy at Digium said it was a SIP problem.

Just wanted to second this.  I have about 20 7940's, 2 7960, and a 4
port FXS for fax machines going into a Bellsouth T1 (pri) and we get
echo on some calls.  I turned on echotraining (not for the faxes of
course -- echocancelwhenbridged=no) and it will train out, but I thought
that voip -> pri could not have echo problems.

Anyway, please keep me updated if you figure out a (real) solution to this.

Jeb

--

Jeb Campbell
jebc at c4solutions.net