[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960G phone crashes during SIP upgrade

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Thu Feb 3 07:22:19 MST 2005

Matt Schulte wrote:

>one phone you say? We upgraded all of ours in our office to 7.3 without
>a problem.

The 7.3 firmware has 2 files associated with it, P003-07-3-00 and
P0S3-07-3-00, the OS79XX.TXT file didn't have them both listed.  I put
mine as such:

[OS79XX.TXT]

P003-07-3-00
P0S3-07-3-00

[SIPDefault.cnf]

image_version:  P003-07-3-00
image_version:  P0S3-07-3-00

I'm not 100% sure I needed to list both images in each, maybe 1 in the
OS79XX.TXT and the other in the SipDefault.cnf.  I was trying
everything, I turned around to see the phone upgrading during the test.
I have another 7960($54 on eBay, just gotta love it) coming in on Friday
and I'll find out then.

Doug