[Asterisk-Users] Newbie - Echo on Incoming calls

Michuki Mwangi michuki at swiftkenya.com
Thu Feb 3 02:50:26 MST 2005

Hi,

I have a setup of Asterisk with TDM13B card (1FXS,3FXO ports) and
acouple of Cisco 7960 IP phones on SIP. So far i have managed to get the
internal SIP calls going through without a hitch and can get to call
through to the analog lines (SIP --> ANALOG) without any echos. However
whenever we receive an incoming call via the analog lines (ANALOG -->
SIP), there is an echo for about 15-30 seconds and it fades off
thereafter

Initially i had an echo on both calling and receiving until i enabled
the echotraining=yes option and that seemed to have cleared the outgoing
calls.

I cant seem to establish where the problem is. Please see my zapata.conf
file below.

PS: I have tried various values i.e FXS_KS and FXS_LS, also the tx and
rx values as well but none seem to be working.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

;
; Zapata telephony interface
;
; Configuration file

[channels]
context=default
switchtype=national
signalling=fxo_ks
callerid=asreceived
usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=v23
hidecallerid=no
useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer=yes
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1-4
immediate=no
busydetect=yes
busycount=7
musiconhold=default
channel => 1

signalling=fxs_ls
group=2
context=incoming
channel=> 2-4

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 12:28, tim panton wrote:
> On 3 Feb 2005, at 01:56, Ing. Ignacio Ortega A. wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone
> >
> > can anyonone of you send me the file codec_g729.so this file has to be
> > inserted in
> > /urs/lib/asterisk/modules
> >

> You can download it from Digium
> You then need to buy (or conceiveably beg) a license key
> from them.
>
> You then have to run the license registration program
> on your asterisk system, AND that system has to be able
> to make an outgoing TCP connection to Digium.
>
> Due to a patent on g729 you won't find a _legal_ free implementation.
>
> Tim.
>
> > Thank You
> >

> http://www.westhawk.co.uk/

Michuki Mwangi