[Asterisk-Users] Re: astGUIclient users should not upgrade to Asterisk 1.0.5

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 02:28:47 MST 2005

I'm not a astGUIclient user, but I'm puzzled by the following statement:

mattf <mattf at vicimarketing.com> wrote:

> In Asterisk v1.0.5 when you place an outbound phonecall(Zap, SIP, IAX2),
> once the call picks up, Asterisk will change the callerid to the number that
> you just dialed, no matter if you set a custom callerID for that call.

What you've said there suggests that the CallerID is being set to the
DESTINATION number, which sounds to me not what CallerID should be at all.
CallerID normally indicates the source of a call.

OK, as I wrote that and re-read what you said, it occurred to me that
perhaps what you are saying is that you are using "Action: Originate" in
the manager API. I believe that having successfully made the call to the
"Channel" parameter, Asterisk then needs to connect that call to the
Context / Exten / Priority specified, *as if it were an incoming call*. I
guess that would explain why the CallerID is being set to the number that
was called by the channel, as that is where the notional "incoming" call
would have been coming from.

I must admit, I've had similar problems to those you've described, when
using Local channels for this purpose, as the failure status for failed
calls (busy, etc) comes in on the wrong channel. I have to work out a way
of tracking those over the next day or two!

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield