[Asterisk-Users] astGUIclient users should not upgrade to Asterisk 1.0.5

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Tue Feb 1 21:19:30 MST 2005

Hello,

Just confirmed this on my end, because of the massive changes that have been
made to callerID handling in asterisk 1.0.5 many of the features of the
astGUIclient suite will not work on this new version. The latest stable
version recommended is Asterisk 1.0.3. We will work on trying to find ways
around the new callerID rules that the asterisk developers have put in place
and hope to have the next release version of the suite be compatible with
asterisk v1.0.5

Here's a more in-depth explanation of the problem:

In Asterisk v1.0.5 when you place an outbound phonecall(Zap, SIP, IAX2),
once the call picks up, Asterisk will change the callerid to the number that
you just dialed, no matter if you set a custom callerID for that call. When
the callerID is changed it is noted in the manager output only by a uniqueid
of the call. Sadly this does not help very much when you place calls to the
Local/ trunk, which can often result in 3 separate uniqueids for a single
call. That used to only be fully traceable with the custom callerID that you
used to be able to define when the call was started. Now we will need to
figure out some way of tracing all uniqueIDs for every call and try to
determine which call instance a specific call event is referring to even
though it may now have the same callerID. I am also hoping that we may be
able to get asterisk to keep a custom callerid value in the calleridname
field. If all else fails, we may have to resort to including an asterisk
source patch that would reinstate custom callerid values throughout a call's
life, in effect disabling some of these new callerid changes.

Thanks,

MATT---