[Asterisk-Users] HFC-5/S + Asterisk

Thomas Niesel thomas_n at freenet.de
Tue Feb 1 13:12:16 MST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 06:13:41PM +0000, Nigel Kukard wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I got 2 internal HFC-S[5] (not sure what character this is) internal
> modem cards yesterday, thought I would get different makes as the one
> was a named brand, the other not... but anyway...
>
> Its picked up by lscpi as a ...
>
> "Network Controller: Cologne Chip Designs  GmbH ISDN network controller
> [HFC-PCI] (rev 02)"

Ah, thats ok

> I'm using kernel 2.6.10, and I saw I must use CAPI. I compiled this
> along with the latest mISDN CVS + chan_capi... all went good.

Oops, capi with misdn and hfc-based card?
Sounds like a mix like QNX with windoom and MAC stuff :)

> I loaded the modules after a reboot, no problem, it detected the
> controller and I got a message "kapi: card 1 "mISDN" ready.", I loaded
> all the mISDN modules.

Jepp, a mix!

> I then copied over the default mISDN configuration file for asterisk,
> and fired up asterisk.
>
> My problem comes in now, I am in South Africa and have plugged the modem
> into the first B-Channel on my Telecom's unit, where my very basic
> little hardware PBX was plugged in.
>
> When I fire up asterisk it picks up the CAPI device, lists its
> capabilities ... etc. When I type "capi info" it lists 2 B-Channels are
> available.

Hm, strange!

> Cool.... I continued to dialin... *wait*  *wait*  *wait* .... asterisk
> didn't budge  :-(, no "incomming call" despite the ringing sound on the
> line I dialed with, no debug messages (even after I added like 1,000 to
> the chan_capi module) ... nothing.
>
> Any ideas, hints... places to look?

Shure:
1.st the wiki
2.nd make shure you got the right "driver" for your card
3.rd read the docs for that driver

=> Your Card should work with i4l (bad) and zaphfc from junghanns (good)
Forget about Capi and mISDN, go for kernel 2.6.10 along with zaphfc,
ztdummy together with uhci for timing and ask the wiki for more details.

--
Tho/\/\as