[Asterisk-Users] HFC-5/S + Asterisk

Nigel Kukard nkukard at lbsd.net
Tue Feb 1 11:13:41 MST 2005

Hi Guys,

I got 2 internal HFC-S[5] (not sure what character this is) internal
modem cards yesterday, thought I would get different makes as the one
was a named brand, the other not... but anyway...

Its picked up by lscpi as a ...

"Network Controller: Cologne Chip Designs  GmbH ISDN network controller
[HFC-PCI] (rev 02)"

I'm using kernel 2.6.10, and I saw I must use CAPI. I compiled this
along with the latest mISDN CVS + chan_capi... all went good.

I loaded the modules after a reboot, no problem, it detected the
controller and I got a message "kapi: card 1 "mISDN" ready.", I loaded
all the mISDN modules.

I then copied over the default mISDN configuration file for asterisk,
and fired up asterisk.

My problem comes in now, I am in South Africa and have plugged the modem
into the first B-Channel on my Telecom's unit, where my very basic
little hardware PBX was plugged in.

When I fire up asterisk it picks up the CAPI device, lists its
capabilities ... etc. When I type "capi info" it lists 2 B-Channels are
available.

Cool.... I continued to dialin... *wait*  *wait*  *wait* .... asterisk
didn't budge  :-(, no "incomming call" despite the ringing sound on the
line I dialed with, no debug messages (even after I added like 1,000 to
the chan_capi module) ... nothing.

Any ideas, hints... places to look?

Thanks guys...

-Nigel